For me growing up, pumpkin carving was an event... my moms pumpkin pie and 'Halloween Garfield' and 'It's the great Pumpkin Charlie Brown' on in the background. As each year goes by, we seem to get more and more into it. **Eh em, Nolan** (This year, he came home from the store with pumpkins the first night they put them out to sell!) He was so excited!! I absolutely LOVE that about him :)
As much as it was a big deal for me growing up, I think Nolan and I are on our way - and we don't even have kiddos yet!!
It's an evening of carving, scraping, roasting and admiring.


As you can tell, we love our pumpkins ;)
The entire time Nolan was cleaning the seeds out of his pumpkin, he was singing... "Great big gobs of greasy, grimey, gopher guts..." (per Nolan, a Bill Murrey classic from the movie 'Caddyshack').
Yummy pumpkin innerds - Every year we like to roast the seeds with a sprinkling of some tasty BBQ seasoning (After the seeds are cleaned, of course). When I used to carve pumpkins with my family, we used to roast the seeds too... brings back so many memories :)

Please say you noticed the eyelashes... please?

No comments:
Post a Comment