Sunday, July 12, 2009

Four Years Ago Today...

...Nolan and I met for the first time.

What was that? Might be interested in the story?? Well, here goes...

My old roommate and friend, Jennifer, called to see if I wanted to meet her at No Frills Grill to catch up. Of course I agreed. While sitting at the bar chatting away with men who were all 40 years older than us, a very loud and obnoxious table next to us took their final set of shots, paid their tab and left. While we were reveling in our new-found quiet, along comes Nolan and his BFF Steve (aka 'Pork Chop'). Pork Chop asked if the table next to us was taken, relieved that another loud group didn't ask, we said GO FOR IT! To get aquainted, Pork Chop did most of the talking, his BFF on the other hand, chose to sit back and take it all in. But not for long. After completing one random 'Top Gun' quote... we got each other's attention.

Jessilyn: 'That's a negative Ghost Rider..."
Nolan: "...the pattern is full."

From that moment forward a lightbulb turned on, and all of a sudden Nolan became engaged in conversation. We had each other at 'That's a negative Ghost rider, the pattern is full.'

Nolan - Jessilyn... Jessilyn, meet Nolan.

'I'm gonna marry this girl!', he shouted. Little did I know he would become my best friend and the LOVE of my life... and that we would be married - 4 years later.

Long story short... He asked me to lunch the next day and rest is history.

Four years has brought a lot of ups and downs, but with each, we've grown strong in 'us' and keep getting stronger in our faith. We make each other so happy - there's no place I'd rather be.

So here's our very first blog, ever. We're still trying to figure everything out... like, how to make the picture at the top bigger :) So for you experienced bloggers, we welcome any and all suggestions.

We look forward to many, many more blogs...

1 comment:

  1. yeah!! welcome to the blogging world!! Now you need to add all the blogs on your page. GO to your dashboard, add away!! It looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete